We spent a day in Kansas City since my sister in law lives in Manhattan, Kansas. Actually, as I look at what we did in Kansas we ate at a BBQ place and got donuts. The activities we did were all in Independence and Liberty Missouri which is just outside of Kansas City, Missouri. The whole geography of the area is a little confusing with a Kansas City, Kansas and a Kansas City, Missouri.
1) President Harry Truman’s Library
2) Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint’s VIsitor Center Independence, Missouri
3) Walking Tour Independence Missouri
4) Community of Christ Temple
5) Liberty Jail
6) Joe’s KC Original Gas Station
7) Hana’s Donuts (actually a separate day but notable mention)